Labels

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Battle of the Exes

What would be the worst thing you can think of? Would it be something like having two-toned hair, a shapeless in-between non-hairstyle, and running into an ex? Ding ding ding! That's right, this is what has happened to me.

But I have to say that even though THIS is what my hair looks like (when I'm too lazy to find a headband or clips), I've gotten past the two-toned dilemma. In the back I have 3" of colored ends and on my bangs about 1/2". But I am content to wait out getting the color cut off in exchange for longer hair. There's a switch that occurs sometime in the 8-10 month range of growing your grey out where you just don't care about the stripe anymore. This is after the breakdown you have (mine occurred in month 8) where you just want to cut off the fried and dyed ends already. You patiently cut a little more dye out but you become more focused on the hairstyle than you are the color. Trust me, I would still LOVE to get rid of these red ends and not have apricot hair, but not at the risk of having short hair and growing out this awkward stage AGAIN.

So back to the original thread. I ran into an ex the other day and you never know how that's going to go- will he stare at the stripe, will he make a rude comment (one of the reasons he remains in the "ex" category), or will he be politely indifferent? After all, this is someone that was attracted to you in all your ginger glory. What happened instead was that he flirted and asked me out. Having no interest in him anymore I did not reciprocate but I did feel pretty damn good that it was yet another point scored for silver hair.

I must say I have a great number of friends and even a few exes on facebook that are my biggest supporters. I post a pic and they all rush to say positive things. I really am lucky to know truly beautiful people inside and out. And I can also see that running into an ex who isn't one of your supporters (and you have very little contact with) could be jarring and derail your confidence. I never anticipated that my hair color made no difference.

This is just another example of confidence and what that can do for you. If you're fine with how you are, the rest of the world will catch on and agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment